Saturday, October 29, 2011

Why I Quit Zombie School

Annotation:  When a young horror fan enrolls in a new boarding school, he learns that his classmates are zombies. His only hope for survival is convincing his parents of the unbelievable truth, but in the meantime he must keep his own secret, that he is alive, before it’s too late!

Book Talk:
Matt Krinsky has always loved horror; movies, gore makeup, collectibles, you name it! But when he arrives at his new boarding school, no amount of horror fandom could have prepared him for the real life terror that awaits! His classmates move awfully slowly, practically stumbling, and they dine on rotten meat and fruit! For fun, they dive off a high balcony, thudding and splatting sickeningly, as they collide with the marble floor below…and then rise to walk away unscathed! The last straw is when a soccer teammate’s leg detaches during a routine play and he carries it away, bloodlessly, to something called “the reviver room.” These kids aren’t kids; they’re zombies!


“I stood there shaking. I realized I had sweat pouring down my face. This is what REAL horror is like, I told myself. I swore to myself if I survived this school, I’d never go to another horror movie. I just had to make it till Saturday. Saturday morning, my parents would arrive. Could I convince them to take me away from here? Could I convince them to save my life?”

Awards: None yet

Stine, R.L. Why I Quit Zombie School. New York: Scholastic, 2011. Print.

Image courtesy of http://www.paperbackswap.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment